Expat and PT
Investing and Saving
Online Resources (links)
Ayn Rand Books
"If you are waiting for the government to change, or society to change, or for some program or movement to be successful to find freedom, you will never be free."
There are many sites on the Internet that promote freedom and liberty, or at least have those words in their titles or descriptions. Most are varieties of political schemes promoting "freedom" by either some political program or through education—both promising the establish of freedom by changing society in some way.
Nevertheless many of these sites are useful to the individual in the pursuit of one's own individual freedom. Their programs and policies are useless and mostly a waste of time, but they often provide good information about what is going on in the world of government and oppression.
The links I've provided are some that I think might be useful to the individual who has chosen to live in this word as freely as possible.
Anti-State and Anarchism
- Anarchy Archives Online—"Goals are eventually to provide at one site the collected works of the major anarchists and an online history of anarchists and anarchist movements worldwide."
- Anarchist Theory FAQ—"Exhaustive treatment of history and nature of anarchism by Bryan Caplan."
- Center for a Stateless Society—"Center for a Stateless Society is a project of the Molinari Institute and dedicated to building public awareness of, and support for, market anarchism."
- LewRockwell.com—"anti-state, anti-war, pro-market"
- Molinari Institute—"
The mission of the Molinari Institute is to promote
understanding of the philosophy of Market Anarchism
as a sane, consensual alternative to the hypertrophic
violence of the State."
- On the Other Hand...—"A Collection of Essays about Individual Freedom," by
- Reluctant Anarchist, The—"Joe Sobran Article"
- voluntarist.com—"Voluntaryists are advocates of non-political, non-violent strategies to achieve a free society. We reject electoral politics, in theory and in practice, as incompatible with libertarian principles. Governments must cloak their actions in an aura of moral legitimacy in order to sustain their power, and political methods invariably strengthen that legitimacy. Voluntaryists seek instead to delegitimize the State through education, and we advocate withdrawal of the cooperation and tacit consent on which State power ultimately depends."
- Wendy McElroy—"A site for individualist feminism and individualist anarchism"
Independent Living (Self-reliance)
- Advocates for Self-Government—"
Works to bring about a free society by empowering those who love liberty to become highly successful at taking the ideas of individual freedom and responsibility, free markets, and peace to the world."
- Atlas Economic Research Foundation—"The Atlas Economic Research Foundation is a nonprofit organization connecting a global network of free market organizations and individuals to the ideas and resources needed to advance the cause of liberty."
- Cato Institute—"The Cato Institute is a public policy research organization—a think tank—dedicated to the principles of individual liberty, limited government, free markets and peace."
- Classical Liberalism—Classical liberal, libertarian resources.
- Freedom Academy, On Line —A course to make, "the whole country will be free."
- Future of Freedom Foundation—"The mission of The Future of Freedom Foundation is to advance freedom by providing an uncompromising moral and economic case for individual liberty, free markets, private property, and limited government."
- Freedomain—"Powerful ideas for all lovers of personal and political freedom." [A bit tedious.]
- International Society for Individual Liberty—"The International Society for Individual Liberty is an association of individuals and organizations dedicated to building a free and peaceful world, respect for individual rights and liberties, and an open and competitive economic system based on voluntary exchange and free trade." (Through education.)
- Journal of Libertarian Studies—"Founded by Murray N. Rothbard, has been the voice of scholarship in libertarian theory, was the major launching pad for every new idea that shaped the world of libertarianism, the preeminent forum for the airing of revisionist historical research on war and interventionism, and the primary venue for reconstruction of the history of ideas in terms of libertarian ideas."
- Last Ditch, The—"But we're dead, all right—because of the handful of values we hold in common. We're all individualists. We all love liberty. We all mourn the civilization of the West. And because of those things we have become ghosts in our own land."
- LewRockwell.com—"anti-state, anti-war, pro-market"
- Libertarian Alliance—"The Libertarian Alliance is an organisation working for fundamental and permanent changes in the social, economic and political arrangements of the human race. We deny the moral legitimacy of the present order of things. We regard the State as both unnecessary for any good purpose, and as the foremost violator of life, liberty and property." [UK]
- Libertarian Alliance: BLOG—"Related to previous." [UK]
- Libertarian Futurist Society—"The Libertarian Futurist Society was founded in 1982 to recognize and promote libertarian science fiction. The LFS is a tax-exempt nonprofit group with an international membership of libertarians and freedom-loving science fiction fans who believe cultural change is as vital as political change in achieving freedom. After all, imagination is the first step in envisioning a free future.-- and the peace, prosperity and progress that can take humankind to the stars."
- Libertarian Party—Official site of the American Libertarian Party.
- Mises Institute—"The world center of the Austrian School of economics and libertarian political and social theory."
- Sean Gabb—Many libertarian articles related to Liberterian Alliance above. [UK]
- Strike The Root—"Strike The Root is a daily journal of current events and commentary from a libertarian/market anarchist perspective."
- Campaign for Liberty—"Our mission is to promote and defend the great American principles of individual liberty, constitutional government, sound money, free markets, and a noninterventionist foreign policy, by means of educational and political activity."
- Center For Individual Freedom—"A non-partisan, non-profit organization with the mission to protect and defend individual freedoms and individual rights guaranteed by the U.S. Constitution."
- Freedom Forum, The"The Freedom Forum, based in Washington, D.C., is a nonpartisan foundation that champions the First Amendment as a cornerstone of democracy."
- FreedomWorks—"FreedomWorks fights for lower taxes, less government and more economic freedom for all Americans."
- Liberty & Freedom Foundation—"The Liberty & Freedom Foundation was formed to promote and defend conservative fiscal, moral and security ideals in the face of a liberal agenda that is devastating business and lowering our values in America. The Foundation's mission is to educate and motivate the American people and promote conservative principles across the country."
[Note: Ayn Rand was an advocate of independent individualism and individual liberty. Unfortunately most Objectivists today are more interested in debating philosophy and promoting what they call an "Objectivist movement," than they are in individualism and freedom. I have provided
Objectivist links and comment on a separate page.]
- Bio-Rational Institute—"The mission of The Bio-Rational Institute is to apply discoveries in the emerging science of evolutionary psychology to our quest for personal fulfillment and societal harmony. Its first objective is to help individuals make rational choices through an understanding of the evolutionary roots of their behaviors; and second, to explore the emerging scientific evidence that individual liberty and free markets are the social structures most compatible with their evolved human nature." [Evolutionary/psychological crackpottery.]
- Boiling Frogs—"Boiling Frogs Post is an online news, editorial, analysis, and Podcast interview site covering select but significant blacked out stories and issues, while defying blinded partisanship." You'll be interested in this site if, " you are simply discouraged and disgusted with the current two-sides-of-the-same-coin political party system, a fluff oriented and establishment-driven media, propaganda and agenda-spreading partisan pseudo sites, and are alarmed by our continuous speedy descent towards a police state." (FBI Whistleblower, Sibel Edmonds.)
- Wikileaks—Here are Wikileaks mirrors if the main Wikileaks page goes down.